Applicant as a Product Designer
Position Title: Product Designer
Location: Head Office at Düsseldorf, Germany
Seeking a detail-oriented product designer who is passionate about the brand, eager to make a small innovation through the product to elevate an industry standard and contribute to people’s happy life.
You will be responsible for every step of product development, from the research and exploring concepts, sketching, prototyping, instructions, package design and quality control to ensuring a visually appealing design and unique function to give it an innovative and renovative value to the item.
Candidates who are considered for the interview phase will be asked to demonstrate a level of product design.
- Online portfolio of previous work
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills in English
- 3-4 years of experience in 3D CAD creation
- Advanced knowledge with the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator and Photoshop
- Problem-solving skills: curiosity and resourcefulness
- Team-oriented: able to work in a small, team-focused group
- Ability to work independently as a product designer in collaborative cross-functional environments
- Ability to responsibly juggle priorities and deadlines both short- and long-term
- Conduct research to gain deep understanding of problems and user needs to identify opportunities for product developments or feature enhancements
- Create design concepts and drawings to determine the best solution based on the findings
- Employ design concepts into functional prototypes
- Develop package design for the items
- Have earnestness to follow brand guidelines and get comfortable with existing design concepts, but actively bringing new ideas to life at the same time
- Develop product design guidelines. Adapt style to meet brand standards and apply those guidelines in new and innovative ways.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (including executives, sales, marketing, operations, quality control, etc.) through all stages of the product development, and support them to create great consumer experiences through products
- Communicate and coordinate frequently with internal and external stakeholders
- Present product design ideas to management and colleagues and take direction whenever necessary
- Attend trade shows and photoshoots to showcase and demonstrate Yamazaki items
- Become familiar with all levels of product information, understanding features and benefits of our products, and learn how to best market them
- Excellent knowledge of relevant software and applications
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, and management
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems, make quick decisions, and overcome hardships
- Always eager to absorb new knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Experience in GD&T, and tolerance analysis is preferred
- Experience with manufacturing processes is a plus
- A bachelor's degree or its equivalent
- A minimum of 3-4 years of related experience
If you are interested in the position above and have a passion to join Yamazaki, please send us your cover letter, CV, and a link to your online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your applications.